Monday, November 7, 2011

Canning Jar Quilt and an iron review....

This fabric still makes my mouth water.
As I mentioned in my post from this morning, JoAnn Fabrics had their irons on sale for 25% off and I had a coupon for 25% off of my total purchase.
I spent enough on my total purchase that I saved $71 and the retail price of the iron was only $65......any way I look at that it looks like a free iron!

My previous Rowenta, which was about 20 years old, finally died. I had a spare Sunbeam iron that I really wanted to be able to use but it just was too bulky and had uneven heat. So I bit the bullet and took advantage of the deal.

Now I am here to tell you that this, Rowenta Effective Iron, is wonderful!
It is so much better than any iron that I have ever had in my hands!
It is the perfect weight and really lets out the perfect amount of steam. The shape of the soleplate is also perfect for quilting. You will just have to buy one to try it for yourself!



























Part of the border finished for pics, it is all finished now and I am piecing the back.

























I wanted to spice up the upper border and spent a lot of time measuring and figuring and was so proud of myself for getting it all to fit just so.........then in another second I realized that I had sewn the wrong width strips on this part! Oh well, that's what they make seam rippers for! I just really hate to use them!
















Spoke with my friend, the salesperson, about my machine and it's missing parts. She offered to just leave this machine with me and send all the accessories along with a nice gift certificate for all my troubles!! OKAY! So I then felt free to go ahead and give the machine a really good workout. I found out that my open toe quilting foot from my Kenmore also fits this one and I have played around with machine free motion quilting
and it is going to be great. I think I will quilt this jar quilt on her!

(lots of condensation on my windows today)
















Just had to share my sweet little Lillie!

She is such a happy baby!



















No comments:

Post a Comment